Totaal aantal pageviews

maandag 15 november 2010

Going Greek! (no not like that, get your mind out of the gutter!)


My brother used to do dishes in a Greek restaurant. The result of that part time job was that he would bring home a lot of left overs. So often me, my brother and mother sat at the kitchentable at eleven o'clock and had a bite of Greek with my big brother about twice a week..One of those dishes was Moussaka. So decided i'm going Greek today.

I will spare you the shopping for groceries details. It's more like something for the Discovery Channel for a series about famous battlefields in history. I will even spare you the details about cooking organised. Somehow i did everything backwards and unfocused..The result was not bad considering how the kitchen looked afterwards. I can't cook and talk at the same time. So here's a tip if you want me to shut up, put me in a kitchen.. ;)

Ok, Moussaka. Here's a link to the recipe:


The result..Not bad considering how the kitchen looked. It was a bit boring in taste though, i didn't use enough spices. And my bechamelsauce was too thick. The entire casserole was a bit dry. But by the time i was done, i was so hungry a shoe would've tasted exquisite. Not sure if it was my cooking that made it taste ok, or just the hunger. My bet is the last..

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten